Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Has anyone else noticed......


OK.....I have to preface this post with a lil disclaimer. I am by no means an angel. Those of you who know me can attest to the fact that on occasion, if the situation warrants, I can throw around some bad language. I have gotten better over the years since having children and have traded common swear words for "G" rated words like "gosh darn it" and "shoot" or "darn" and "heck".......Foul language is a vice for many of us, and we all really know we shouldn't use it. But sometimes it's fun to cut loose and cuss like a sailor when your having a good time with friends LOL

So that brings me to my post.

I took the kids with me to Wal-mart this evening to grocery shop. I didn't need too much, just some staples and things to make dinner the next few days. Also some stuff for Halloween....yes I am a procrastinator LOL

While walking the aisles there at good ol Wally-World I can tell you that I overheard more than a few people swearing like a sailor. And no, they weren't "kids".....they were ADULTS....many of whom had children with them. And we aren't talking words like "shit" or "damn".....I'm talking the ultimate.....the "F" bomb. What the heck? We were in the Halloween aisle and there were two women with a couple of young kids in their cart talking about treat bags and the like. Dropped a few "F" bombs and were laughing. You should have seen the look of horror on Kailey's face. Funny that at 12 years old she has the social knowledge that these are not words that should be used in a public place for anyone to hear. I mean come on? Is it that hard to put a filter on your mouth while you are in public? Really? We all know that the prices of things are high and the economy stinks, but must you verbalize this with profanity in Wal-mart in front of your kids......in front of MY kids for that matter!

These are the kind of people who end up on Maury Povich with teens who do as they please and the parents just don't understand why they act the way they do.....hmmmm.....what a mystery!

I hope I don't offend anyone with this post. I just had to get it off my chest. This isn't the first time we have encountered people like this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm just glad that I can put a filter on my mouth and that my kids know that these words aren't appropriate. Even though I'm sure one day they will have a curse word pass their lips.....I just pray I have taught them well enough that they don't do it in the Halloween aisle at Wal-mart LOL

1 comment:

Amy said...

I completely agree! I don't care if it is Wally World, people should be able to respect that their profanity is invading my personal space...ok, I admit I probably sound like I've lived in California a little too long! :) But the bottom line is the same, I am horrified when I experience this and am offended that others don't have atleast a sensor when around children. whew...thanks Kelly for letting me vent on your blog! :)