Thursday, May 22, 2008

Introducing....

Rocco James Fetzko
9lbs 4ozs & 20.5 inches
May 14th 2008
1:21am



Well I DID IT!! I delivered a 9+lb baby! Whooohoooo no c-section for me :D

Labor progressed really well after I got my epidural around 3:00pm Tuesday (the 13th). I was chugging along and watched the Pens hockey game.....started to notice that my epi was "pooling" to my left side because that was the side I was leaning/laying on (ahem to watch TV lmao). So after the game the nurse came in and I told her I had more feeling in my right than my left. She then helped me to adjust to laying on the right. Well....Mr. Rocco DID NOT care for that! His heart rate had been flying around 160-170 and then dipped to just under 100. So I had to flip back to the left and UP went his heart rate right back to "normal". So I was stuck, laying there as my epi gradually wore off on the right. Thank goodness it was towards the end. I really started to get uncomfy AKA miserable around midnight.


The nurse came in and I was finally able to start trying to push him down.....yes he was STILL floating up there :I pushed about a half hour and then the heart rate dips started again. Everyone in the room was glued to the monitor watching to see if his rate would come back up after my pushing. At one point my doc looked worried, left the room and then came back without saying a word. I just KNEW he was thinking c-section if things didn't hurry. And I also KNEW that since my epi was funky they would have put me under. That was the motivation I needed to push like I never had before! I finally got him down far enough and we dropped the bed to get him out! Another 1/2 hour or so of pushing, with my sweet Bob pushing my one leg back to my ears LMAO, and we saw his head! Then the rest of him came and he is just BEAUTIFUL!! I am STILL in shock that I had a baby this big LOL


We came home Friday the 16th around lunch time and it's been a blur to say the least......Rocco is jaundice like his big brother was, so we are on a bili-blanket round the clock and I've had to be vigilant on the breast feeding. He'd sleep almost all day if I was to let him. So I have to wake him up, not piss him off too bad, get him to latch blah blah. Feedings freaking take almost an hour.


He has a few hours left to be on this wretched blanket. Then home health will be here in the morning to take a blood sample. We are PRAYING his numbers are down! Having to work around a bili blanket attached to a newborn is for the birds!! I'm SO ready to have my baby 'unattached' LOL


Here are a few pictures of the new bundle :D I think he is the cutest thing, but of course I am biased!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi is GORGEOUS! You're not just biased! Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

OMG I love him, Kelly! I gotta say I heartily approve of his name, especially the middle one! ;)